WISH GRANTED…from Gibran Ohri

Gibran Ohri writes…

It was in early January 2009 that I decided to test if I would be attending the 13th Subud World Congress in Christchurch

(N. Z.).  My receiving was a positive yes!

By the middle of February I made my travel arrangements.  On 20th March in the evening I was watching a T.V.  program, when I suddenly lost consciousness, I do not know how long I had been in that state.

When I came to, I realized that my two sons, Matthew and Ramon, were carrying me up to my bedroom.  The next morning I managed to get ready with some difficulty.  I decided to visit my doctor.  He examined me and said that he was making an appointment for me to see a cardiologist at the local hospital.  On the 22nd of May an appointment was made for me to see the cardiologist.


Open Heart Surgery

I had to undergo certain tests at the hospital.  On 13th June, the cardiologist, after having seen my test results, suggested open heart surgery.  An appointment was made for me at the Cardiac Unit, King’s College Hospital (London) on 10th September at  8.a.m. for an Angiogram X – Ray.

On arrival, I was allocated a cubical for me to deposit my belongings and put on a hospital gown.  I was wheeled into the X – Ray room.  The doctor in charge started to take X – Ray pictures of my chest.  After completing the procedure, I tried to transfer myself from the X – Ray table to the trolley, but I lost consciousness.


Unexpected Heart Attack

When I came to, I realised that an oxygen mask was placed on my face to facilitate my breathing.  I had arranged to meet my son Ramon at the hospital at midday, on the assumption that the procedure went well.

He was surprised and worried when he was told that I had suffered a heart attack.  I was in the casualty unit awaiting a bed in the cardiac ward.  It was about five o’clock in the evening, when a bed was allocated to me in the ward.  There were about six patients in the ward.


The Blessings of the Month of Fasting

It so happened that it was also the month of Ramadan.  I had been in the ward about five days, when a Pakistani doctor attended me. I do not know the reason – what or why?  I asked the doctor if it was the end of the fast.  He replied that it was the 29th day of the fast.  I prayed and asked God’s blessing and forgiveness.

That night, as I settled down to sleep, I felt that a blanket of cloud covered me.  I have never had such a wonderful and relaxing sleep.  When I woke up the next day I felt energetic and good.  The interesting thing was that the experience was also felt by the other patients in the ward.

I had been in the ward about two weeks.  I was told by one of the consultant surgeons that after reviewing my case, at the joint meeting of consultant surgeons, the decision was reached that it was not possible to perform ‘open heart surgery’.

The only alternative solution was to implant a ‘pacemaker’.  I asked how soon a ‘pacemaker’ could be implanted.  I was told that it would be about two months.  It was the beginning of October.  My flight to travel south was on 14th November.

I told the consultant that I would like to postpone my decision with regards to the ‘pacemaker’ until I return from the World Congress in 2010.  I also informed my doctor about my decision.  He gave me medication to last me for six months and wished me Good Luck!


My Travel to Malaysia      

I left London on 14th November 2009 and arrived in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15th November. I stayed in Kuala Lumpur till 19th December.

In Kuala Lumpur, I telephoned brother Michael Alfonso, whom I have known for about 30 years.  I visited the Subud group and joined the members for Latihan.  There was great excitement as the members, who were attending the World Congress, were busy making preparations to travel.

I arrived in Melbourne, Australia on 20th December 2009, stayed in Melbourne and celebrated Christmas followed by New Year 2010 with my son David and his family.


The Subud World Congress in Christchurch

It was a wonderful feeling that David, Louise, Emmaline and Beata Ohri were also travelling with me to the Subud World Congress.  We arrived at Christchurch on the same day at the start of the Congress.

It was a memorable time for me.  I enjoyed every moment of it and hope that all the Subud brothers and sisters also had joyful experiences. I took part in all the testing sessions held and talks given by Siti Ibu Rahayu.


Return to London with the Power of the Latihan

We left for Melbourne on 19th January 2010.  I stayed in Australia until 19th March 2010 and left for Kuala Lumpur on 20th March 2010 arriving on the same evening in Kuala Lumpur.

I left for London on 21st April 2010 and arrived in London on 22nd April 2010. I realised that with my heart condition it would not have been possible for me to make the journey from London to Christchurch (N.Z.) and back but for the Latihan Kejiwaan of Subud.

I thank God for giving us  Bapak  Muhammad Subuh Sumohadiwidjojo

My WISH WAS GRANTED.  God Bless us All.

With love and best wishes to all

From your brother in Subud

Gibran Ohri